PRAYING TO KNOW HIM MORE INTIMATELYAPRIL PRAYER GUIDEContributor: Kay HornerIn his letter to the Romans, Paul speaks of having peace with God through Jesus Christ and having been introduced or gained access by faith to a position of grace with the hope of glorifying God (Romans 5:1-2).The challenge for many is moving beyond the introduction or from mere acquaintance to a true intimacy with the One who is beyond full comprehension.This month, we invite you to join us daily as we move from our complacency, press in to know God personally, and commune with Him intimately.Prayer Directives
- Praise God as the all-knowing, ever-present, all-powerful, most-high God who brought the universe into existence with the word of His mouth, yet He invites us to know and experience a deepening relationship with Him (Isaiah 43:10-12; Romans 11:33-36).
- Thank the Lord Jesus Christ that by His Holy Spirit, He has introduced you to the Father's grace, mercy, and peace that become the platform for knowing Him more deeply (John 1:16-18; Romans 5:8; Hebrews 10:19-22; 2 Peter 1:3-8).
- Confess your desire (or lack thereof) to move beyond the restraints of time, personal agenda, and cultural pressures to know Him (Philippians 1:9-10; 3:7-11).
- Ask God to teach and empower you to imitate the worship atmosphere of heaven when you commune with Him (Psalm 100:4; 103:1; Isaiah 6:1-3; Revelation 4:8-11; 5:11-14).
- Acknowledge your longing to listen to and obey His voice, reaping the promised blessings from doing so (1 Samuel 3:8-9; Luke 10:38-42; John 14:21, 23).
- Assume a posture of meditating and listening for the voice of the Lord through His Holy Spirit and Word (Psalm 1:1-3; 119:15; John14:26-27; 16:12-15).
- Pray and intercede according to what you sense the Lord speaking to you-not only for yourself but for others (Romans 8:26; Ephesians 6:18; 1 Timothy 2:1).
- Express gratitude for the joy of intimate communion with Christ and a willingness to continue walking in obedience to His directives as you love Him and live your life on mission with Him (Matthew 22:37-40; John 17:13-23).Additional Prayer ResourcesWeb:Print:
- Praying God's Word: Breaking Free of Spiritual Strongholds, by Beth Moore (B & H Books, ISBN: 0805464336)
- Cry Out to the Lord: Reset My Walk with God, by Intimate Life Ministries (Broadstreet Publishing ISBN: 9781424551231).About Our Contributor
Kay Horner is executive director of Awakening America Alliance and The Helper Connection. Kay has served in a variety of ministry roles including executive director of New Hope Pregnancy Care Center and administrator for Voice of Salvation Ministries. While Christian education minister for World Impact national television program, she provided insight segments for the agency, and she has been ministry projects coordinator for the Center for Spiritual Renewal.Kay currently serves as executive director for Awakening America Alliance and a newly established initiative, The Helper Connection. She is the author of "The Christmas Dance" and is a member of the National Prayer Committee and Mission America Coalition/U.S. Lausanne Committee.Download This Prayer GuideDownload this prayer guide as a bulletin insert here. Let us know you are praying with us by using #COGOPprays on social media to share your requests, inspirations, and praise reports.
COGOP Prayer Ministries, PO Box 2910, Cleveland, TN 37320-2910